This week I’m fangirling over something old, something new, something Marvel, and something Ru!
1. Something Marvel: 75 Years from Pulp to Pop
I found this little featurette after watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D one night on Hulu and was hooked. I find the story of the Marvel greats Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, and Steve Ditko as interesting as the characters they created. If you like comics even a little bit I would say it is totally worth watching this 40 minute special. Also, it includes a pretty awesome clip from Agent Carter that already has me shipping Peggy (aka the brilliant Hayley Atwell) and Edwin Jarvis (James D’Arcy). (Although obviously PEGGY AND CAP FIVE-EVER.)
Also, just read that the Russo brothers and Joe Johnson will all be directing episodes of Agent Carter so I’m pretty excited. Especially since I know that the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D winter finale will probably end with some large cliffhanger that will undoubtedly drive me crazy/leave me heartbroken.
2. Something Marvel Part 2
This week the company I am working for expanded into a new building. In front of that building there are parking spots labeled with names like “Joss Whedon” and “Kevin Feige” (among others). TRY TELLING ME TO BE CALM ABOUT THIS I DARE YOU. Needless to say when I walk to the new building I always go through the parking lot extra slowly. Side note: Joss drives a prius. Because he’s perfect.
3. Something New: ‘Bond 24’ Announcement
The ‘Bond 24’ announcement gave us some new actors (Léa Seydoux! Andrew Scott!), a title (Spectre), an awesome poster, and a sweet new Aston Martin(the DB 10), but the thing I was most excited about was to see that Interstellar‘s cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema has been added to the crew. While I love love LOVE Roger Deakins’ work in Skyfall, I am really into Hoytema’s bold and beautiful style and I’m excited to see what else he can do.
4. Something Ru: Ru Paul’s Drag Race season 7
Casting rumors for the 7th season of Drag Race were out in full force yesterday with social media clues hinting at the queens who will potentially be on the upcoming season. I am especially excited to watch my first season of RPDR because I can finally #ruveal that I worked on it! I can easily say it was one of the most fun productions I have been a part of.
- My obsession with Serial is growing stronger (having to wait a week really did me in) as is my confusion over who/what to believe. I find it so unsettling that I am drawn into these very real events in the lives of these very real people and that there may not be (and probably won’t be) an answer at the end of it all. I’m just waiting for the announcement of Serial: The Movie.
- Something Old: I watched You’ve Got Mail for the first time over the holiday weekend and I couldn’t stop smiling. Everything from the performances to the love story to the writing was perfect.